THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 9, 2007

The "F" Word

My son used the "F" word today and no I don't mean fat. Now you must remember that he is 19 and has the legal right to say whatever he wants. But he is my son and my law says "H" word NO! At least not in front of me. I think I was 30 before I cursed in front of my dad and at 38 I still (out of respect for him as well as myself) do not curse in front of him. Why does using crude language make us think that we are getting our point across better? Does using vulgarity get our point across stronger? Do you belive someone who says "I am F-ing Mad" is angrier that someone who says "I am Mad"? I know that I have spewed crass words at many in my life, I still do on occasion. But in 2007 I plan to get my point across more effectively by being Graceful. I wonder how my son would would feel if I asked him to do the same?

No comments: